Design Competition 2021
What’s this competition about?
Ever wondered how you could make an impact while exhibiting your work to a large audience? Want the opportunity to showcase your unique design on our cards website? Continue reading to find out how you could win a fully-paid one day trip around Melbourne or a two-week work experience at an up and coming social enterprise!
Cards for a Cause’s design competition is back bigger and better than ever - this time open to high school students! This is a great opportunity to expand your portfolio and display your artwork within the art and design community of Melbourne. Most importantly, your design could improve the lives of underrepresented students in Victoria!
Theme - What do you want to be in the future?
We encourage students to reflect on and learn how to shape their path to align with their aspirations!
Who Can Apply?
We invite anyone passionate about design that is currently enrolled in Years 7-12 at a Victorian high school to submit your own Myki sticker artwork!
22nd October - Submissions open
- Q&A on Instagram page
- Exclusive access to the Design Workshop where you can hear from past winners and ask them any burning questions
22nd - 28th November - Judging & polls
29th November - Winners announced
- Announcement of winners
- Showcase of submissions
- Design uploaded using the template canvas as a PNG with a max size of 10 MB
- Hand drawn designs are welcome, however the image must be scanned in high resolution
- Don’t need to put the myki logo in the bottom left corner
- Mandatory: 150 word description of how your design links to the topic and your aspirations in general OR a 2 minute video describing you, your aspirations, designs, creative process, etc.
- Maximum of three designs per person or group
Submissions are now OPEN!
At the end of the competition, three winners will be chosen based on the following criteria.
- Based on likes/reactions of our followers on the Cards Instagram page
- Based on the description or video
Judged by current MSD students and previous winners of our Design Competition
- Creativity, uniqueness and originality of how you depict your aspirations
- Interpretation and clarity of your aspirations to the viewer
- Quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme.
- Overall impression of the art. What is the effect of the artwork in general and as a whole?
Winners may choose to receive either Package A, Package B, or a “mix and match” of their choice.
All Packages receive
Mix and match
A fully paid one-day trip in Melbourne including:
A two-week work experience at a social enterprise of your choice. You will learn about how you can turn your aspirations to change the world into reality. Benefits include:
Based on your personal interests and future aspirations, we will tailor your prize package. This could look like:
If there are any further questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or dm us on instagram @cardsforacause.au